Monday, April 5, 2010

Thursday - 1 April - Moving in



Lots to do.....packed up and headed towards Cape Town.  Stopped into the Two Ocean Marathon expo to register and picked up my number (and have suffered from stomach flutters since!).  Went onto the Waterfront to get Ryan some shoes and had Vis and Chips and lunch.  So, I have to say that this was the first signs of preferring Australia, I remember when we visited Cape Town from the UK and I was always amazed by the food selection and taste, but I think I would prefer my Sydney grilled barramundi, grilled Sword fish or grilled Tasmanian Salmon to the deep fried choices here.  The hakes okay, but not the tastiest of fishes - and the fillet did come with bones, but of course South Africa is a saucy country, so there is peri-peri mayonnaise, garlic mayonnaise, tartar sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and thousand island sauce, all available on the table, and for FREE, which you don’t get in Sydney.  So it is yummy, but also very fattening.

We then drove through Camps bay and over Chapmans peak to get back to Fish Hoek.  It must be one of the greatest scenic routes in the world and still lives up to every ever lastening memory I have of Cape Town.  Its times like this when I wish we could teleport some of our friends over to show them around.

I was amazed by the growth of the Nelson Mandela informal (well now pretty formal i would imagine) settlement in Hout Bay.  Not only does it extend down to the main road, but also way higher than the house line.  Some of those shacks must have awesome views!

Okay, so now we’re on about 2.30pm and we specifically told the agent that we would meet-and-greet at 4pm.  This women (the agent) is such a pain, a typical estate agent, full of attitude and just a real Bag (I’m trying not to say bitch on my blog!).  So after refusing to phone her 30 minutes before we get there (as we knew we were going to be there at 4pm), we could not be late.   We managed to pick up the bags, get the shopping and get there by 3.45pm, and as we get out a few very harrowing things happen....of course she’s not there, but once phoning her we realize she’s very late, but thats not it....there is a baby SCREAMING its head off in the place next door.  And I’m not talking ‘I want my bottle’ scream, I’m talking ‘I have tonsillitis’ scream, or ‘my teeth are coming out’ scream.  Shit balls!  My ideal serene month away, is ruined by a baby! :(

Okay, really there isn’t much suspense here, we went for a drink, the agent finally pitched up and by the time we got back the baby was quiet (or gone)?  But after not really seeing Ryan for more than 2 days at a time since January and not having a private moment with him at all since 3 weeks ago, being severely jet lagged and having to deal is middle aged bag agent, I was about ready to forgo the trip and fly back home!

As it turns out the place is stunning, the views are endless, the fridge is cold, the weather is hot and there is no one else in the house but Ryan and me:)  YAY.....i have attached a whole bunch of photos to make everyone jealous!

1 bottle of wine, 3 loads of washing, lots of unpacking, a chicken salad and we’re off to bed.

Lekke bly!

Damn jet lag, 3.45am!  Good morning


No comments:

Post a Comment