Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tues 6 April - The eye appointment

Went for an eye check up to consider re-lazering my eyes, but after getting the results of the seemingly simple eye test back, I decided against it.  However, we did get to participate in a massive fight with Dr Hill's Surgery when they suddenly sprung a R700 fee on what I believed to be a 'free assessment'.  Anyway, the lady with way too much blue eye shadow and the blue skull cap really had a right go at us, screaming and performing like a five year old brat (which I have to say does seems to be the South African way of communicating) and we landed up walking out without paying.  I'm not saying we didn't fuel the situation ourselves by screaming back, and having a somewhat lingering hangover did not help dissolve the situation.

I don't know if we've been out of South Africa too long (long enough to learn manners), or if we're just not hard enough to survive in the jungles of Cape Town, but I do think Capetonians have too much attitude!  Yes Capetonians, you heard me right....what you gonna do about it hey?  hey?  Ah, I'm sorry, don't be mad with me ;)
Okay but seriously bru - they speak to each other (and more importantly us) with very little respect and everything has a  flavour of attitude.  A big chip on their shoulder!  Well get over it!  This is Africa after all.

On an up side, and friends without attitude, we met up with Jolene and Joy for lunch at The Forrester's Arms.  Sadly the chicken pie, that I had my heart set on, was not available.  Don't you hate it when you mentally commit to a meal and when you order the waiter is all like 'oh, sorry, that was the other meal not available!'  grrr.  Especially if any of you have been out with me and have noticed how long it takes for me to decide.  Eating is a serious business, there are only so many meals we have in one life time, so you need to make them all count ;)

(no photos, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment